Welcome, prospective students, family, and friends!
The transition to a new and unfamiliar environment can be a challenging for students. LSAMP helps students to bridge key transitions: from high school to college; from college into graduate school; and ultimately into a rewarding career in science, technology, math, or engineering. We support your student’s success by providing financial, academic, and social support, as well as wonderful career building opportunities. LSAMP also provides personal, professional and leadership opportunities to strengthen character and foster cultural and social competencies.
Links for Parents and Friends:
Who Is Eligible for LSAMP?
To be eligible for LSAMP, you need to:
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and African-American, Latino American, Native American/Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- be pursuing (or have expressed interest in pursuing) a baccalaureate degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics
- be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.25 or better (a higher GPA may be required for certain funding, internships, and research opportunities)
- maintain good academic standing with a desire and a plan to increase your GPA every semester in the program
- agree to meet with LSAMP staff at least once per semester
- agree to attend all LSAMP general meetings and attend at least two activities, workshops or events each semester.
As an LSAMP student, you’ll receive priority for research, internship, and job opportunities around the country, at Upstate LSAMP partner institutions, and those made available by the corporate partners that comprise our LSAMP Advisory Board. Click here to learn more.
Apply to LSAMP
Complete an application to join LSAMP for financial support, career-building opportunities, and academic support (including mentoring services).